In order to effectively market your program to students, it is important to understand the many benefits of studying abroad and be able to leverage and communicate these benefits to each student’s unique needs and ambitions.
Study abroad offers a number of possible benefits for students from any background and in any academic track:
- Language acquisition
- Experiencing a new culture
- Intercultural competence
- International networking
- Hands-on learning opportunities
- Pushing individual boundaries to develop self confidence
- Enhancing global awareness
- Developing leadership skills
- Understanding American culture and values
- Developing close professional and personal relationships
Three main benefits of study abroad have been highlighted in a number of recent studies: benefits related to academic performance, future careers, and personal growth.