Electronic marketing consists of any marketing strategies that use technology to reach your student target market. On ASU’s many campuses, as well as at other universities, there are a number of electronic marketing strategies that can be utilized. At ASU, these strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Your program’s online brochure through the ASU Study Abroad website;
- Emails to students;
- Ads or articles published in electronic, college/department newsletters;
- Ads or articles published on college/department websites;
- Ads posted on flat screens located around campus;
- Ads posted in student’s College Box on their MyASU home page; and
- Ads or articles published in ASU Now.
Electronic marketing can reach hundreds of students at the click of a button, and when used strategically, may lead to a number of applications. Additionally, all electronic marketing can be connected using hyperlinks embedded within ads and articles which will lead students to other sites, electronic materials, your program brochure, social media pages, and other marketing materials. Unlike social media, however, electronic marketing is not interactive – students cannot comment or “like” the content.