Step 1: Choose blog platform.
There are numerous sites available that you can use to create your blog – the most common being WordPress, Weebly, and Wix. Some blog platforms do require money to set up, while others are free or at least have a free option with less options than their paid version. Research all of the blog platforms available to see which will be the right fit for you and your program!
Step 2: Create website foundation and pages.
Depending on the format and how robust you want your blog to be, your website foundation can take many different shapes and have many different pages. The Study Abroad Office suggests that the foundation of your website include the following:
- A home page with information about your program (who, what, where, when, why, etc.);
- A biography page where students can learn about you;
- A page on the culture of the country your program visits;
- Pictures and videos from your program (you can embed YouTube videos that you have created for you program within the blog!!!); and
- A contact page for interested students to get in touch with you.
Step 3: Add blog posts.
Unlike “pages” that are static and unchanging, “blog posts” are short pieces of information that are uploaded to your blog. You can include these into your blog in a scrolling screen that displays all of your past blog posts and highlights the newest ones.
Blog posts can be interactive and will keep students visiting your blog in the future!